1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Monthly payments?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by meets1, Dec 11, 2007.

Monthly payments plans

1. $1000 - $2500

13 vote(s)
  2. $2501 - $5000

8 vote(s)
  3. $5001 - $7500

5 vote(s)
  4. $7500 - on up

4 vote(s)
  1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

What are your monthly payments just to pay bills during the year? Financing for blding, equipment, rent, insurance, etc. Not included items are payroll, the minor nickel and dime stuff.
  2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Less than $1000
  3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

x 2 both lazer z's are paid for in cash ...truck payment, truck ins, w,c and liab ins is $ 575 a month . the truck will be paid off next june:clapping: and has a ton of life left in it ...only 97,000 miles on the ole powerstroke i will drive it into the ground
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

wouldn't this obviously depend on your debt structure?
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

besides, wouldnt debt as a percent of sales be more relevant? Wouldnt those ratios be even more insightful if they were broken into categories?
  6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Right now, mine are at least 60% of my revenue. But I'm on an obesessed mission to get almost all my debt paid off by mid-summer.

Typically though, it's around $2000-$3000/month.
  7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I know we are not counting gas here, but how much do you think you spent for the 07 season? With that number include how many trucks and how long your season is.

We run only three trucks since we sub a lot of work out.

My truck averages $800-$1000 per month in gas, I work 6 days a week and average 150miles a day so I fill up every other day at $90-100 each tank. Currently I am driving a 04 Chevy 3/4 ton.

Truck #2: 94 Chevy S-10 with service cap, averages $500-700 a month depending on how busy we are.

Truck #3: 97 Dodge cargo van, (least busiest tech) averages $600-800 month in gas

Machines we probably average $300-400 month in diesel

My plan is to get rid of the Dodge and S-10 and replace those with 2 Sprinters and give tech # 3 the Chevy 3/4 and me and tech #2 drive the Sprinters. I am hoping to save around $5k a year with the sprinters, I know they cost more upfront but I am hoping to offset that cost with the fuel savings.
  8. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 LawnSite Member

$160 a month. I had to finance my mower and I will have it paid off this summer.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think what the question refers to is, if you had absolutely no work for a whole month, how much would it cost you just to still be here for next month. I would imagine this includes your cost of living...