Monthly/Qtrly News Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Fvstringpicker, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody send out monthly or quarterly news letters to clients. When I had my CPA practice, we use to send out quarterly news letters. An excellent marketing tool.
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

3. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

This season i am sending out a monthly newsletter with invoices every month. I think it will be a great way to advertise specific services and get some calls versus sending out a flyer or a letter i think this will get more attention. -Mitch-
  4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

we are going to start this season. Sprin, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
  5. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

The newsletter is a great idea.....I started my own newsletter at the being of last year, and I got wonder feedback from it.....All my accounts liked it because it kept them informed of any changes, and updates.....Plus I have a yard of the month....and they all loved this....and this sort subliminally sends a message to all my accounts to keep their lawn and landscape looking great.....But this is mine below......

newpictures 004.jpg

newpictures 005.jpg
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

tjsquickcuts: I LOVE the newsletter! I tell myself every year I'm going to do something like that, even if it's just a simple letter format, but I get my first spring letter out and that's the end of it. Hard for me to dedicate a lot of time at the computer in the summer months.

The wording is great on all points too. Gets the point across strongly yet still looks and feels "nice". I presume you run grasshopper mowers? I keep looking at them here... Since Dixon isn't Dixon anymore I'm leaning to Grasshopper as my next ZTR.
  7. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Show the rest of that newsletter it is simple and easily read. very nice
  8. Tim Wright

I love the grasshopper!

9. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I got such a good response from it that I made myself make time a few hours one Sunday a month to dedicated to putting my monthly newsletter together, and printing them all out....I had to come up with something, because I am bad about returning calls and this gives me a chance to let them know of any changes, any updates, proper care for their lawn, landscaping news, etc.....I love it.....I put a lot of coupon inside of a few issue that sparked alot of response......My thing is, you have to have something that the next man doesnt have, and people loved to know whats going on, so this works out great....I should have kept this a secret but, I wont everybody to have much success.....I had a Grass Hopper when I started the year, but sold it and now I run all scags.....I would show more, but my wife wont let later when she falls asleep.....she said I am sharing too much....
  10. Tim Wright

I have also had good response to the newsletter that we put together back in Nov.

Best wishes for success to you in 2007.