monthly quotes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by causalitist, Apr 24, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

how many of you when quoting/billing use a monthly price instead of a per visit price?

I'm really starting to like the idea of just saying "It'll be $120/month for your lawn."

i think its a little more professional; It would also help people stop thinking along the lines of weekly or biweekly.. and about a straight monthly price.
    (i get alot of biweekly, crap like that)

so how many of you do this?
    has anyone tried it and not liked it/had bad results?
    any thoughts?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I use that idea with commercials...they like that idea for budgeting purposes.

3. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

You have to make sure you explain to them that it's X amount of cuts a year or in winter when your not there they say why am I paying you and your not cutting. Also when you tell them this mention in summer that there are months with five cuts. I have used both ways and usually give the customer the choice of per cut or monthy price so they can budget there expenses. I don't quote price until they decide. Of course the lawn service is always the late to be paid.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

and rain-outs, I bill monthly and most of my customers when I quote them a price they think of it monthly, but then they have questions like is that 4 weeks, will that be 4 cuts, I useually say like 45 weekly...

5. GELAWNS

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

We quote and bill monthly 99% of the time.

6. MOlawnman

MOlawnman LawnSite Member

We use the monthly pricing quite a bit. We divide it out into eight months, April through November.

7. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

thats fine and all but some months have 5 weeks in it. Go with a yearly price of 32 mows, (THATS INCLUDING LEAF CLEAN-UP) and divide that by 9 then thats there monthly price.......

8. causalitist

i definitely like the idea of giving them the choice and then quoting.. but im up north.. does anyone up here do the year round monthly payments? i wouldnt know, but im thinking not.

guys up here prolly just make em pay for the ~7 months @ the expected amount of mows i would think. i still love the idea .. letting them choose is always better.

9. causalitist

awesome, thanks guys. I'm going to do all new quotes monthly now.

wayy more simple and i'd rather have them in that mode of thinking instead of per cut. "its XXXX/month to have your lawn looking nice"
    then its easy to throw in fert programs, things like that.. the $ spread out over 7 months seems smaller. a $100 fert "amortized" is like $14.30/month .. helps sell it.

anyone has anything to add , i wanna hear it.

10. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I think this is a good strategy.

The problem is rain outs or other things that keep you from giving the customer their money's worth. The solution might be to prioritize the commercial jobs ahead of the other ones so that you are sure to get them done, and charge a little more.