Monthly trimming charges

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by villagegreenlandscape, Feb 12, 2008.

1. villagegreenlandscape

villagegreenlandscape LawnSite Member

I've been charging a flat monthly amount for my maintenance customers, including hedgetrimming. We're struggling trying to make any profit in the maintenance part of our work so this year I'm considering gradually shifting my customers to a per hour charge for the hedgetrimming/weed pulling part of the business. Anyone else doing this?

2. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

Cut and weed eat and blow off walk and drive = $______ plus edging $_________ plus hedging $______ plus weeding $_______ .

3. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

We charge by the project. It just so happens that we figure how much to charge for the project by calculating how many chargeable hours it will take to do the job. If you tell your customers that you are going to charge by the hour they usually get a little nervous. A job that takes one person 15 min to do can take another 30. Figure what you have to have pr hr to make a decent profit and charge that amount.
    :usflag:

4. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

I struggle with this as well, but I usually charge about $30/hr.

5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have 5-6 employees 1 crew for mowing and weeding and the other for all other maint. and landscaping. Payroll and ins., fule taxes ........ all expenses run a little over 25.00 per hour. So 30. doesn't cut it. I have to bid 32.00-35.00 per hour for mowing to stay competitive but higher on all other services.