1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Monument on Poa Anna??? Help?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by karp, Apr 28, 2005.

1. karp

karp LawnSite Member

I still have lots of customers that want poa anna in bermuda grass (late april). I've been told that monument is effective. I've also read that revolver works well. Anyone out there with some experience that can enlighten me with rates and effectiveness?

Dallas Area. It's going to be 90 today and I know the stuff is about to burn up, but customers want the service...and of course if they want it, I want to provide it. Help me if you can.

2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

You say you have customers that want Poa in Bermuda? Or are you trying to kill it?
  3. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

Winter grasses have been a real problem for everyone in the area. Revolver at .2-.4/1000 has done a fair job on all of these late winter grasses, but it is very slow. If it will warm-up, I believe nature will take it out just as fast being we are into May.
  4. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Revolver does work on Poa Annua, but it is very slow. I wouldn't spray for Poa annua, but I would spray fescue in bermuda, since the fescue will still be there in the fall.