MOON site management in NJ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone here work for them.. Ive never seen them in years, now i see them frequently up in my areas. Theyre most local area is central jersey down rt195 towards the shore and mt. laurel, nj which is plenty south of where i do most of my business.

Theyre somewhat intimidating and thats why im asking. Not because i see one truck and trailer pull up somewhere, but friday afternoon, im done my lawn route for the week and going to get a load of stone or sand for a patio job heading south a few miles... and what do i see, not one, not two but THREE 05-07 F550 Diesel 4 door Ford dump body Trucks with 24' trailers heading north. WTF? How can they have that much work to do that at 3~pm, theyre going away from one of their central locations?

Two weeks ago, almost in the same area, it was 4pm, and i saw 3-4 of these rigs heading north full of guys when i was running to the bank on a thursday afternoon.

Do they do mostly property maintenance for commercial or actually cut lawns? Im mainly interested because im trying to put in a couple bids on development maintenance where i cut at least a dozen lawns and the property management company is telling me theyre already contracted out through 2008! Snow removal, road salting, sidewalk snowblowing you name it. Im just PeOed that i cant even get a bid in because it seems MOON has a lot of locked contracts, possibly because they must sign on 3-5 year deals with places and dont even deal with yearly stuff?:confused:

This is their website, i guess theyre as big of a company as say Brickmans? http://www.moonsitemanagement.com/

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Are they doing anything illegal?

If not, whats the problem? they have as much right to this business as you do.

3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

They cut the grass down in a retirement complex in Sewell off of County House Rd. I know the LCO that was doing it 2 years ago and he said they under bid him ;)
    Get used to it, they are moving in to Camden and upper Burlington Co.. They have a few places in Cherry Hill

ericg likes this.
  4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we dont cut much grass anymore so i dont see as much as i used to, but this is one of the reasons we got out.. to much big competition in the commercial market. we work all over the state and I see moon everywhere. i more so see their foremans/managers trucks everywhere which means they must be out chasing lots of crews.....

5. Surfdunn

Surfdunn LawnSite Member

Good keep them up there cuz theres already enough landscape guys down the shore. Just the other day I pull into a local wawa and find myself and 5 other local landscaper fueling up. Head to one of my lawns and there's a company 2 house up the road, another a block to my left and another a block to my right. All were guys or companys I've never seen before.

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Breeze, Would that be what was once a Christmas tree farm?

Ram, I was at my Stihl dealer (Macro equipment) in Mt.Laurel and I saw what I presumed to be the owner of MOON talking with the owner of Macro. The guy had a southern accent. I've not seen as many trucks as you've seen but I have seen them from time to time.

Rob

7. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

Don't know what it was before. But it's between Egg Harbor Rd and Mt, Pleasant Rd. Sorry, can't remember the name of the retirement (55+) homes
    It was built in the last 3 or 4 years

ericg likes this.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I think that is the place I'm thinking of then. There are 3, the one that was a tree farm, 1 across from that and yet another to the left of that. If you make a left where the 3 meet if it is indeed the area I'm thinking of it'll take you past the Camden County animal shelter and toward the Juvenal dentition center.

Rob

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Breeze,

Did you work @ Scians when it was bought out by TGLC?? Do you know Walt from H&H? Isn't Walsh now going by COre (after bankruptcy)? You too have been around for awhile.

10. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

Yes and Yes :rolleyes: Old man Walsh died in 91, his son tryed to keep the biz running until 96, when he sold it to Greenscapes in Phila.. ...

ericg likes this.