Moose Man's (Mostapha) Picture gallery

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MooseMan89, Jul 17, 2010.

1. MooseMan89

MooseMan89 LawnSite Member

Hey guys thanks for tuning in to my thread. Since I am fairly new to LawnSite and many of you do not know me yet, I would like to start off by introducing myself...

My name is Mostapha, I'm 21 years old (just turned 21. July 14th). I live in Stone Mountain Georgia and service the east Atlanta area and it's surrounding cities. I entered the lawn care industry during the fall of 2009. Thus I have been in the lawn care business for less than a year (as of this date).

Like many of us in this business, I did not start big or anywhere near there. I began working out of my car (1996 Toyota Avalon. Seen in some photos below). I learned that image was extremely important in this business, thus I had to quickly get out of the car if I wanted to be successful. So I borrowed money and purchased my first pickup which is a 1992 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 Club Cab with 97K miles at the time of purchase (11/25/2009). And shortly afterwords purchased my 5x10 Carry-On trailer.

Business was good for me this 2010 year until June hit. It has been VERY dry and extremely hot in Atlanta for the past month and a half. Hopefully things will pickup and return to how they were earlier this year.

Ok, enough talk, it's time to show off the goodies (lol). It's nothing to brag about... Actually they're embarrassing compared to what I see guy's around here with... But I've came a long way. I mean.. I used to have my 22" Toro in my trunk with the Handle folded and my Homelite Trimmer in the back seat getting my doors and seats dirty.. Didn't even have a blower at the time.. This was actually my very first purchased. I purchased a brand new Echo Pb 413H because I desperately needed it since I began in the fall; which had gotten stolen from me not long ago :( Anyway. So you guys get the idea where I came from. I dont know what else to say.. If you would like to know anything or have any suggestion or comment please proceed. Thanks!

-Mostapha

This is almost the whole setup. I have a tiller, Aerator, and Spreader that I did not picture. But here's everything else..

[​IMG]

My amazing Snapper 36 Walk Behind. It's in great condition for it's age. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. So far so good. Throws me around like a rag-doll. I need a Sulky for it though. Will get it soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snapper 42 Rear Engine Rider (not tractor). This is what I used to use before I got the walk-behind. It's a great machine with a 16HP V twin. Cuts BEAUTIFUL! But it wasn't great for slopes or gated yards.. That's why I purchased the WB. Now I used this to pull my aerator or for extremely tall grass. Cuts it like a Bush Hog. I tried to shine it up as you can see, then I got lazy. haha!

[​IMG]

42 in Deck with Gator bladezz. I have the deflector but I took it off cuz I'm just cool like that.

[​IMG]

Oh boy. This brings back memories. This was the mower I did my very first yard with. I used to carry it in my trunk.. Then later in the back of my pickup lol. Great mower! I have the catcher for it.. Just not pictured.

[​IMG]

This is a replacement of the PB 413H that was stolen from me while I was working in the backyard. I believe the customer stole it.. But wtv. I bought this one used. I'll be getting a new Stihl PB 600 Magnum for the fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok ok.. I need feedback. Please be positive if you can. Thanks!

2. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

Looks like you have a nice set up. Like the trimmer and edger. Nice trailer too. You'll love the 600 Magnum, it makes cleanups a whole lot easier. I had a 95 Dodge Dakota at one time, one of my favorite trucks I ever owned.

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice setup,like the echos,but it all looks good.

4. MooseMan89

Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!

5. Edmonds Lawn Service

Edmonds Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Where are you in Ga?

6. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I have that same toro 22", been using it for three years. If it ever dies I might get a commercial 21" but the Toro just keeps going.

7. MooseMan89

Stone Mountain GA.
    You're pretty far from me I think. Do you do any where near the Atlanta area?

8. MooseMan89

Yeah I was thinking of the same thing. I'll be getting either a commercial 21 Toro or SnapperPro. I'm leaning towards the SnappperPro since it uses the same engine and it's only around $800 vs the Toro which is $1500 around here.

9. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great how do you like the snapper 36 I may be getting one

10. MooseMan89

Thanks! The snapper 36 is freakin GREAT! I love it so far. It's a true 36 by the way. My friend's 36 bobcat doesn't fit in some 36 in gates. This one does.
    The belts have extreme traction. It can go up steep hills without ANY slip. I haven't tried going up hills while pulling a sulky because I don't have one yet. But i don't think it will have a problem. I'll keep ya updated when i get one and try it out on my hilly properties.
    I wanted a hydro first because I used to use my friends Turf Tracer HP and loved it. My only concern was not being able to back it up my trailer or slipping when going up steep hills (which is why I wanted a walk behind in the first place.. for hilly terrain). But it held up pretty damn good thus far.
    I bought it for $800, do you guys think that was a fair deal? The guy was asking $1200 for it. But I did hella talking and negotiating for a couple of days and got it for the price that I got it for. Around here (in Atlanta) used commercial walk behinds are hella expensive. Most belt driven 36 are $1500 -$2000.
    Anyway.. Hope this answers your question.