Moral Issues

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by powerreel, Mar 24, 2001.

1. powerreel

powerreel Banned

We spray, we post. The client is informed that foot traffic after an ap should not exist for ATLEAST 24 hours. Yesterday, I drove past a site that was treated not but 4 hours earlier and saw kids in bare feet running and rolling in the grass. I think I may start to mix in red dye, what's everyone else doing if they face what I am talking about.

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

What you seen is what really scares me about doing apps and it is the main reason I try to avoid them. I am sure after four hours the app was dry, which is generally the main concern.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am in the same boat. you did what you had to do . you informed them in the begining of the program, its posted on the sign . i hate to say this but ---- --.
    you did your job.
    what you can do is give them a friendly reminder on the phone and follow-up with a post card...
    anthony

4. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I have never seen a kid reading a lawn care co. flag in the lawn. If you flagged, you did your job. Sounds cruel, but you can not sit in the yard and run people off.