moral support

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lucentshadow, Jun 10, 2004.

1. lucentshadow

lucentshadow LawnSite Member

somebody finally called us! hurray!

2. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Like someone previously said,the response rate on flyers is generally quite low.You'll probably have to pass out thousands before seeing any significant results...and maybe not even then.Patience and persistence.Good luck.

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You need to be good at being rejected. I look for a 1% response and to sell 50% of those that do respond. I have always heard you start out wondering what to do for customers then in 6 months you wonder what how you are gonna get it all done.

Be polite, professional, honest and ALWAYS take the high road. It will work out in the end....

Drew

4. LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2 LawnSite Member

Post your flyer so we can have a look at it. It the flyer doesn't get attention - then it's time to re do it.

My personal rule of thumb for any advertising is this; Unless your info jumps off the page & bites them on the nose - it's no good.

So it has to look good.

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Fliers were the worst form of advertising for me, I paid 475 dollars to the Money Mailer they in turn sent out 11,300 fliers by US mail and I got 7 calls and 2 of them lasted just 1 month.
    The local newspaper and bullitin board in the post office worked well also the Yellow pages is awsome I ve been in two books for 10 years now they get results on a regular basis I would recomend them to anyone wanting customers....
    Good Luck

6. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Between May 10 and May 24, my employee and I distributed 2,964 full color, glossy, one sided door hangers. I got 10 calls from that. Response rate is 0.33%.

Good luck.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Can you post your flier???

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Damm DFW is that even worth the effort I know the door hanger cost isn't that bad but the time in putting them out had to be outragous for a mere 10 calls

9. NCStripeKing

NCStripeKing LawnSite Member

I knocked on Doors to get my first 5 or 6 yards. After that it was word of mouth. People will come stop me while Im mowing to get a card. Just look sharp, and you wont look like the majority.

10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Very true NCStripeking,

I get a lot of people stopping me while I am working for a card. I think of it as a "test drive" for people. They wait to see what kind of work you do on someone elses yard, how you look, how you act, and then if they like it, they'll stop by. Otherwise, if they don't see what you can do, they are just taking a chance.
    So always try to look presentable, and act appropriate, and business will come to you.

I started with door hangers, which I got a good response from in the fall and spring, and calls just started coming in from people by word of mouth.

I also have a referral program which I promote with my customers which makes them eager to help me spread the word!

Good luck with it, and stick to it is right!

Even though people may not call you the first time they see your flyers, they will see your name. After seeing your name enough, they will start to remember it, and think about it.

Look at the Golden Arches...see I didn't even mention the name of the business, and you are getting hungry for a cheeseburger:waving: