More Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bluesclues, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bluesclues

bluesclues LawnSite Member

I heard that you can purchase name lists for sending postcards. I was wondering where do you get the info, so I can start sending out my postcards.

Or is this a tacky way of getting more accounts?

Please help me out...

2. billc

billc LawnSite Member

We purchased a mailing list from usadata.com. We got a few customers, mostly some one-timers (vacation cuts, taking advantage of a special pricing). It was okay, but not as good as door hangers.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I use a local company here in Greensboro called Compulyst. You should have several companies there in Char that can do the same thing just look in the phonebook. Great thing about local companies is the list will be much more accurate and you can customize it anyway you wish. I have a area and salary income range that I use for a target potential new customer. You will find that, that will get you a much better response than just buying mailing address labels from some out of state company and using them. That is the fault that cost many mailers to not work. You also need to have a very sharp to the point advertisement on that card and someway of tracking the response to it. I have a great response to my postcards and would never think of doing it anyother way. Yes, it cost more than sticking some flyer on a mailbox or door, but I personally also think that the potential new client looks at it as more professional and as a well run business in return because you went to the extra time and expense to do it right.

4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

If you know a realtor or someone who works for a title company you can get that info for free ;)