More Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajeaajea, May 13, 2008.

1. ajeaajea

ajeaajea LawnSite Member

I am trying to get some more accounts, i have only 10. What did you do when you started. Any Help. I Need More Yards.
    Thanks

2. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell the 10 customers you have that you would appreciate any referrals they could send your way. Make sure you are doing a good enough job that they will want to refer you. I don't have very many yards, either, but all of them have come by word of mouth. People just ask me where I'm working or something and I tell them that I own a lawn care and landscaping business. If they themselves don't need anything, they usually know somebody who does. Give you business cards to everybody you know. Before you know it, you'll be running to keep up. I hope this helps. I know it might not be what you're looking for, like a magic marketing plan, but this produces results. I'm a marketing major in college, but I just finished my general ed requirements and haven't really gotten into the meat of marketing yet. I'll try to help out in the future as I learn more about finding and attracting customers.

3. ajeaajea

ajeaajea LawnSite Member

thanks i try to talk to them

4. Ross's Lawn Service

Ross's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

advertise advertise advertise.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The refferal idea is a good one. I tell my customers that if they give out refferals then I will in turn give them some free service. Usually an hour or two of labor. If it's a bigger job for them then it comes out in the wash.

It gives your customers more incentive to find work for you, besides, it's the same as spending money on advertising that might yield nothing.

Yard signs. Since I've been putting them out at my jobs, I've got at least two customers for each sign placement.

Flyers are awesome too. I figure one client for every 100 flyers I put out. It's cheap to do in black and white, and when you have no jobs to work on, go pound the pavement. It helps make me feel like I'm doing something to get work rather than pace around wondering if your adds are working or not.

Keep in mind, according to business books, it takes five years to establish a business.

Image is everything. Logos, equipment, ect. The guys in rusty, beat up equipment and ragged shirts don't go anywhere but down.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

not to sound like a prick but why should we tell you how to manufacture more work? we had to come up with our own ideas when we started so you should do the same thing and not expect an easy answer.

7. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

Well Ill be darned

You DO sound like a Prick, first class one at that!!

The guy just wanted some info, thats what this board is about, LCO helping LCO

Last time I started up, I did the flyer and word of mouth thing worked out pretty good.

I suggest you build a relationship with someone in the industry that compliments each other. I.E you mow but you dont fertilize..........find a fertilize company that doesnt mow, and you two throw business back in forth.

Its worked pretty good for me so far.

8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

read lawn site on how to get more accounts. hahahahaha:laugh: Just playin.

Hand out flyer's, go door to door, put signs on your trailer, truck , your shirts where ever. Run an ad in the paper. ask your customers to refer.

now go get em tiger.

ps- don't get discouraged if you don't get a ton, it takes a while to grow especially in this economy.

Jeff

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow. you never got any advice? come on man.

10. ajeaajea

ajeaajea LawnSite Member

I'm just asking for some help lawnwizards thats all