More and More Companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Mar 14, 2005.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Well, I picked up the paper today to see 17 lawncare/landscaping compaines that were advertising in just this one paper. Soon there will be no market for us. It seems as if theres so many people wondering around running "landscape companies" Is this a trend or is this the future of this doomed industry. :angry: :dizzy:

2. Richard L.

Richard L. LawnSite Member

I know what you mean! While gassing up this morning, I counted 9 pick-ups hauling lawn equipment trailers go by. [These were ones who didn't look familiar since last year.] Although new home construction is very busy right now, I was wondering how many of these lawn maintenance companies are new and if each of them stay busy all week long - for the whole season? :dizzy:

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep your nose to the grindstone and your eye on the prize. Don't worry too much about those other guys. Keep your customers happy and there is nothing to worry about.

4. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I have noticed more LCO's around this year. Dont sweat it, our society is becoming more service oriented....there will always be work :cool:

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcom to the jungle my freind

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Others were probably saying the same thing when you and I came along, don't worry about it.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea, it wont matter, the more the merrier. hey, just call them all and tell them about lawnsite. this way, we can improve the image of the industry

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hey, if you are allowed to be here, why shouldn't they? ;)

Just do good dependable work, and the work will come. It probably will be slow at first, but the more dependable you are, the better your odds. We lost one customer to someone that undercut us last year. She called us already this year asking to have us back, and we more than happily agreed cause we service both her neighbors....and with a price increase.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what, did they find out the other company wasn't giving away free leaf cleanups....like you and cornelius

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Actually unreliable undependable Eddie, they don't even have any trees at all on their property!!