More AOS Diesel first cuttings field grass

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 6, 2009.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

My bermuda grass accounts are still dormant, so as everyone can see I am playing keep up on the nasty wide area's. This is the first cutting since last season on this account, I got the diesel stuck here last week , and it was still wet today, but I was able to cut the field. The Diesel did grunt, and burn some fuel on this cutting, I would say it went from .66gal/hr to 1.0gal/hr. I was not able to run at 15mph it was work even for the 35hp diesel. The cooling system works excellent, even with the radiator screen as dirty as the pic shows the diesel ran at 200 degree's, now I am sure if it was 95 degree's in the middle of the summer it would need cleaning, but not the case today. This field beat the crap out of me on my other ZTR's, not the AOS diesel smooth ride, and cut quality was excellent even in this junk.

This field use to take 6 hours, now it get it done in 2hours with the BB AOS Diesel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dang that thing is a BEAST and that is some long grass. Nice mower no sparks.
    How tall was the grass and what height were you cutting at

3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

did not measure the grass:sleeping:, in the pics the height adjuster is at 3"

4. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

That mower is awesome.

5. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't cutting grass that long put alot fo wear and tear on your equipmment?

6. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

I think you could have been cuttin about 2 months ago. That is a bush hog job there.

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That thing dont look like its having problems cutting that stuff!

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wow what a mess! I am impressed, that cut quality on those weeds looks pretty dang good to me. Did you have to dbl cut to get rid of any grass rows? Looks like you almost need a tractor for that, but then quality would probably suck right? I hope you don't have to trim around all that fencing and around the low areas. I like those BB's but really only the AOS impresses me. Wonder how a 72" Dixie would handle that stuff? Too bad you can't get a 35hp cat on a chopper that would be neat.

So do you mainly cut these types of properties with the Bad Boy? I know you have some walkers and a Kubota tractor.

9. catflyer

catflyer LawnSite Member

Very impressive!

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang, That would be tractor bush-hogging for me. I would not be bringing a mower into that surprise infested field.

I am blowing leaves out of the 5 acres I mow right now so I am not running over stick let alone what else could be in that field.....:wall

You have nuts of steel my friend...

Looks like you got it done though.