More blower power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jahbp, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

Dose anyone modify their blower to get more air speed I narrow the end of the nozzle of my Redmax blower it seems to get more air flow.

2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How did you do that? I was thinking about trying to put a stihl tube on it you know the one with the bullet look.

3. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

I cut the tip of the Sthil off then tape on end of nozzle adds at least 15mph or more.I now the new shindy blower comes with a add on nozzle to get more air speed they say the air speed is 230mph I would like to demo one of them soon.

4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

gatorade bottle. cut off the bottom n it fits over the end. ghetto? absolutely. works? you better believe it.

5. flattoplawncare

How can i get a stihl tube???

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I had use hair dryer to heat plastic up and reshape them before, never try on blower tube, just a though. If you ruin it, I don't know you.:waving:

I think you are just trading air speed with air volume. I am not sure it is a win.

7. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

go to a Stihl dealer! :drinkup:

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'd rather have cfm's than mph.

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Agree, I think instead spending more money on a weaker blower, safe up money towards a stronger one.

10. flattoplawncare

I have a redmax ebz8001 that about tops them all, But i do like the stihl tube, just wondering what it would do myself.