More Bobcat Shutdowns

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Digdeep, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy just got back from Bismark for the release of the new minis, skids and CTL machines and said that Bobcat will still be shut down in both Gwinner and Bismark for most of June and July due to excessive inventory.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Shoulda seen it coming with all the rumors of thousands of machines still setting at the factory..

Guess that'll put my Bobcat dealer that much farther behind, last time I spoke with them about renting a bucket or grapple I cant remember, but they didnt have one because this guys broke and they were waiting on parts, so while he was waiting they gave him the one out of the rental fleet and the rental guy said that there werent anymore in the state..

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess there wasn't enough natural disasters to get rid of the excess stock.
    Boo-hoo.

4. Digdeep

He really liked the mini's but said that the skids and CTLs didn't really excite him too much.

5. Mr. Rain

Mr. Rain LawnSite Member

Kinda weird that they'd ship everyone there to show off the new product, then tell you they're shutting down the line and not going to start building them. Could see shutting it down to change over the line, then bringing guys in to show them what they're ordering, but this scenario puzzles me.

6. Digdeep

I don't know if it was a large dealer event or not. I just know that he went to the fair grounds in Bismark for it and someone told him they were shutting down the plants again for most of June and July because of inventory ond the economy.

7. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

Just the sort of news that I wanna hear:dancing:

8. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

I bet more due to line change over - if they are changing them that much it's going to require retooling and assembly line changes which will take some time to preform. - Month or two I'd say.