1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More Brown Recluse, and Chigger bites because of the heat?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spray_man, Jul 31, 2011.

1. spray_man

spray_man LawnSite Member

I agree with the Patriot too. I had a lapse in judgement. Like I said. Those are not my bites. Mine where gone soon after I bathed and scrubbed with soap. I f you do not do that the bites can last up to 3 days.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

chiggers do not burrow in your skin, but they are mite larvae and piss me off.

got covered on my legs by picking three tomatoes in my garden a few days ago. holy crap, an bena dryl was my friend along with clear nail polish over the bites to keep air outa there which makes it itch. trust me, look it up.
  3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I treat chigger bites with finger nail polish paint the top of the bite and will stop itching go away in day or two
    The brown recluse is something I dont want again last time took me atleast month to recovery from It took a shot every 2 days for 2 weeks It was like 6'' from my man hood
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I know someone is going to disagree but Brown Recluse spiders are not found in my area because we are too far South.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Correct, they are rare outside the gulf swamp states. Several other species with necrotizing venoms around these parts though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

They are occasionally found in basements here.