1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

more business

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Dec 31, 2006.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Totally awesome!

2. YellowDogSVC

from TX

I like how you did your customer testimonials. Looks like memos..

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

That layout is one of the few remaining styles from my original website - done by the cousin of one of the landscapers whom you may see on the forum: Lewis Landscape (with a red logo). Every page has changed almost completely, except that one. I added a couple of flash buttons and the photo, but about all I changed was to put some color in each of the rectangles.

Since many letters have comments that are the same content as other letters, I took out excerpts that were unique to each of the letters so the page wouldn't be so long.

That page also has one of my favorite photos with our son and his friend on an old piece of logging equipment at Camp 18 logging museum restaurant in Elsie, Oregon, 22 miles from the ocean.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You have to excuse Webman ...

It's that he thinks he knows his stuff and wants nothing more than to share the wealth of knowledge...
    Sometimes this comes across wrong, but I think that's all it really is.

And he does know his stuff ...

I'm sure I accidentally come off that same way.
    I know I don't mean to, it is a stupid side effect, lol.

5. YellowDogSVC

from TX

I just hate to see someone come across as a know it all in any field. The world is diverse. What works for some doesn't work everyone in every situation. Sometimes, cheesy and simple is effective.
    For me personally, I get enough good feedback on my personal websites so that I am not committed to putting too much time into changing them. They rank well for keywords, and get my point across to some extent and that's more than my competitors are doing. If my competitors take it up a notch, I will have to swallow my pride and look for a pro's help.. just not that motivated right now.