More capacity on the Bac-Vac

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by CharlieBingo, Nov 13, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I like the bac -vac a lot only problem is needs more capacity(9 bushels) not enough, especially with leaves. I see you also have a 15 bushel bac-vac for one of your industrial mowers; can this be used on the Super Z and if not do you plan on increasing capacity on the Super Z vac. Since leaf season started the Super Z has been sitting almost 2 months now. We've been using our Lazer Z due to the larger capacity Ultra Vac. If you guys could increase the capacity and build a 60in walk behind I'd be running all Hustlers!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Bac-Vac we use on the larger industrial machines will not fit or work on a Super Z.
    I am not aware of any plans to increase the size of the Bac-Vac, although I will pass this request on to our product manager.
    Are you using a 3 bag system on your eXmark? or are you running the QDS ?
    Our 3 bag system holds 12 bushels.

3. CharlieBingo

I use the 3 bagger on the Lazer. By far the biggest complaint LCO's have about bagging systems is not enough capacity! I honestly find it hard to believe there is not a better system out there.13.5 bushels is not enough 9 bushels is ubsurd; and yes I mulch leaves and grass first then suck up? There is a guy in my area who has fabricated the best vac-system I have ever seen. Granted this guy is a mechanical genius, if you'd like to know what he has PM me. I just can't believe nothing more efficent exists. P.S. I think the Bac-Vac is half way there just a few modifications needed!
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe Hustler needs 2 sizes, the present one for grass and a larger one for leaves. Like a skid steer has a bucket for heavy material and a bucket for light material.

I would like to see the door designed to lift up instead of swinging out. At present the door knocks the top of the dumped pile down unless you twist sideways as you drive away. This would also alow you to dump closer to objects behind the unit.

5. CharlieBingo

That's a good idea one hopper for leaves and one for grass.My buddy demoed a Super Z w/ aBac-Vac, loved the machine and vac setup, EXCEPT not enough capacity. I'm Hustlers biggest fan and I tell all the LCO's how much I like them. My only constructive criticism is to listen to the operators more and corporate less;we use the stuff alot! I posted a while back about a60in walkbehind your answer is no go, not enough interest, but the thread has over a thousand views? That's interest to me! Just trying to make you guys # 1.
  6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Concerning the Bac-Vac 9 bushel....I have a SUPER Z with a Bac-Vac system,and my feelings on the 9's quicker to dump 9 bushel from the seat than it is to get of and empty 3 bags (13.5) bushel!!Do your math SUPER Z + 15 MPH = quicker dumping times and BAC-VAC compared to 3 bag get off the mower and dump=quicker dumping times ,,so more ain't always better :cool2: :cool2: