More Control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArizPestWeed, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    If preemergents don't control all of the weeds on it's label , meaning all of the seeds of one kind of weed , some will grow , will adding another preemergent control the few the other premergent didn't ?
     
  2. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    Do y'all understand my question ?
     
  3. James Cormier

    James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma
    Posts: 1,218

    Your asking if
    Pesticide 1, controls weeds A,B & D
    and
    Pesticide 2 controls B & C

    then if you mix them together they should control a,b,C & d.

    I think thats what your asking, I would assume the answer would be yes, However it may not be safe for turf, I think you only sprays rocks and beds right?
     
  4. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    Very funny.
    So you don't understant my question.
    It's hard to explain.

    If Barricade controls only 75 % of clove the seeds , how do you control the other 25 % of the clove seed .
    Barricade is not 100 % precent control.
     
  5. jajwrigh

    jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN
    Posts: 1,405

    I don't think a 100% control exists!! The application of pesticides is often the most efficient way to control a problem, in this case weeds, but it doesn't guarantee perfection!!
     
  6. ArizPestWeed

    ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,457

    Mixing preemergents will get you close to 100% ?

    Or is that last 25% of control not gonna happen ?
     
  7. TSM

    TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA
    Posts: 707

    key word here "control"
    thats it, thats the best we can do, control. We can not eradicate.

    So you use a product you feel is best, make that determination by past results, cost, etc. If or when control fails then you go to plan B...post emergents
     

Share This Page