1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

More DIYER PICS

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Remote Pigtails, May 4, 2007.

1. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Well I was without power for 30 hours due to a short violent storm with 100 mph downwinds. Today I had another classic DIYer but this was a whole system install not just a minor repair or two. The first pic is the reason for the call. The second pic is the box removed. That is a mass of roots that took the shape of the box. The third is a lawn genie and the light still works. The fourth is the original plan tacked to the garage wall. The fifth is my repair. A little overkill to put a DV 100 w FC but hey every system deserves the same professional treatment. Got two more pics.

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

2. Remote Pigtails

Like my wash up tool? Put it together with stuff in my garage. The last pic is another manifold box in the same yard. Best I can guess somebody didn't want to dig up the box so they piped the 205 over the 2400s.

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my gawd what a holy mess!

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I will pray for those poor valves....they deserve a better life than that....

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The most remarkable thing here is that the light on the Lawn Genie timer hasn't burned out yet.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Does the light mean the beer is ready? :laugh:

7. PurpHaze

Boy, Peter... I'm surprised She didn't get on you for removing all those fibrous roots. Something surely has to die now. :nono: :laugh:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It was just WetBoots trying to cram more valves in one standard size box!!

9. PurpHaze

Looks like a larger version of the wash unit a dentist uses. Well... guess irrigation work is a lot like dentistry... hurts like hell especially when you give them the bill. :)

10. Remote Pigtails

When I saw that light working I knew it would make your day.