1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More freebies!

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Smalltimer1, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wasn't even looking for more machines and I ended up with these gems:

The diamond in the rough: David Bradley 2 Wheel Walk Behind Tractor, circa 1952/53. Got the cultivators and snowplow with it too.

MTD 14.5/42 lawn tractor, I'm gonna drop its engine in a JD 111 or 116.

Honda HT-3813 Liquid Cooled 2 cylinder inline 13hp/38"cut.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Looks like some pretty good free stuff you got there. Good luck getting that David Bradley running.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I bet your neighbors hate you. haha.
  4. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually everytime I bring a new one in, they come over asking if I have such and such parts on hand. I was asked about a starter last week for a Briggs, which I have plenty of.

My other neighbor bought my old Honda HT-3810, 5 years ago, and when he found out I had got a 3813, he offered to buy it off of me when I'm done with it, but I think I'm gonna keep it and use it to mow this summer, to reduce wear and tear on the GT-235 since that is my personal mower.

I moved all the junk pushmowers from my backyard into the woods yesterday afternoon, so they're outta sight and outta mind. Got to get my old work tractor (White LT-12) going so I can drag the junk riders down in the woods too.

There's actually a lot of payup to be found in parts and used machines.

I sold my Murray 11/36 last week for $250, only had $45 in parts in it (carb kit and battery, already had spark plug and fuel filter on hand) and 2 hours of my time.