more hours, or more days?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 18, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

as of right now, i get 3 days off a week, usually. by the time my mission is complete, i plan to work 6 days a week, but hours worked will never exceed 8 in one day. would you rather work more hours each day, and get a day or two off, or would you prefer my way, work almost every day, but low hrs each day?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i hate 10 to 12 hr days when it is hot i would rather work 8 but in the spring and fall i will do 10 - 12 to beat the weather

3. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather do the long hours with more days off because once I'm out there working, whats a couple more hours? Just need to bring a bigger lunch, thats all.

4. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd rather work long hours personally. Nothing to do when I get home at 4-5pm anyway. I'd rather work 10-12 hour days and take 3 days off a week. This also gives you a back up day in case you fall behind for some reason.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

BG,

Since you don't have any travel time involved (to & from work), why not just do 9 & 10 hour days and take more days off. I think it will actually save you time in the long run as you won't be loading & unloading as frequently. I know that on rain days when we only work 4-6 hours, it still takes the same amount of time to check fluid levels, tire pressure & load / unload fuel equip, check trimmer line, etc... as days that we work up to 10 hours.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

More hours. If you work 2 6hour days, they are both shot. If you work one 12 hour day, you have a whold day left.

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Doing six ten hour days a week now. Install crew occasionaly works on Sundays. I had rather work longer hours and have a day or two off.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather work more hours...then again, I work too many as it is.

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

bobby are you related to my wife?.....you have way to many RULES that you live by,,,,just like her!

i would rather have fun and work as it comes!

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

uh, yea, we were actually siamese twins, for a few minutes.....