more ice and snow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by GeoffDiamond, Feb 13, 2000.

1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well it looks like maine will get another 6&quot; of snow tonight. Then it will change to sleet and freezing rain, yum. Then the temps are going to drop like a rock, and freeze everything up solid. <p>We had a storm just like this thursday night into friday only we only got 3&quot; of snow. Good thing i had the pre-wet systems. We plowed everything then sand/salted everything. In some spots we replowed and sanded.<p>Geoff

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

That's all right last night they were calling for 3&quot;-6&quot; we will be lucky if we get a dusting. Called for fuel truck truck last night new price of 1.85 for road fuel and 1.25 for off road, E-mail bill 300 gallons ouch, now no snow!!!!<p>----------<br>paul<br>

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

forecast for southern new england is freezing rain/sleet/snow mix changing to all rain, heavy rain thru monday. Can we say flash flooding? Hope they are wrong again and some snow sticks around. Leaving the plow on just in case.<p>Bill

4. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

they are calling for 6-10 w/some sleet or frezing mixed in not starting till early eve lasting till mon. midday long night&day ahead <p>----------<br>Todd <br>

5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

We're looking at 4&quot;-6&quot; with some freezing rain thrown in for good measure. Sounds like fun. Hope that damn E-47 can get us through the nite! Love to catch a few ZZZ's before going out but my baby boy isn't likely to be sympathetic to my needs. &quot;Waaaaa! Waaaa! Waaaa!&quot;<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

6. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

Forecast in SE Mass. Rain changing to heavy rain, with more rain....floods possible in coastal areas. Took the blade/spreader off the truck today and washed it. High was 48 today, 50+ tommorow. <p>Geoff your probably going to get a good one up there...ENJOY....<p>Dave

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

We are supposed to get a mix to start and quickly change to rain,heavy tomorrow and flooding possible with temps rising to mid 40's tomorrow.Boy if it was 5 degree's colder we would be getting blasted!<p>----------<br>John D<br>

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

It is 1005 here and the freezing rain is coming down hard,I guess I'll head out now and make my rounds.Cha-ching$$<p>----------<br>John D<br>

9. Darren Lucke

Darren Lucke LawnSite Member

HEY GUYS, LOOKING FOR MORE HELP, IF POSSIBLE. WE'RE EXPECTING 2-4&quot;, JUST RIGHT TO MAKE SOME MONEY, BUT MY PLOW, MEYERS 7.5' IS STUCK IN RIGHT POSITION. CHECK MY DISCUSSION OUT. APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL. OR IM ME DARRENLUCKE@AOL.COM<p>----------<br>Darren Lucke<br>

10. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well they say 5 to 9&quot; here plus sleet and freezing rain. We will plow commercial lots starting at 4 am monday. Then we plan to finish all the lots monday night, and due the residental customers during the day. Maybe 3 visits top commercial, 1 or 2 residential, will have to see how the storm plays out.<p>Geoff