1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More NPR info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowin4cash, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

First of all, thanks to all who gave me their advise on my questions about the NPR. Most of you were quite favorable of the truck. Some were quite skeptical. I have decided not to get one in spite of my thoughts that it would be the perfect truck for me. I had previously driven one around the block near the shop. Seemed very nice and quite peppy for a 4 banger. My dealer agreed to let me drive one around town for a couple of hours the other day, so that I could get more of a "feel" for it. It turned great, handled great, and even rode pretty good. BUT, when I got to the interstate, I bumped off the overdrive switch on the on-ramp so that I could see what type of RPM's it would turn while towing a trailer. I was very dissapointed when the truck would not go over 55mph and the engine was screaming. That told me it was no good for towing at highway speeds. So maybe a Cummins 3500 Stake body or the F-350 Powerstroke will be in order.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

We told you that they are great local city trucks,but if your looking to cruis the highways buy a bigger 6 or 8 cyl diesel.How much are you actually going to be on the highway?I bet a lot more miles will be local low speed miles,where the NPR shines.