More on MO DECK

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Robert Burnham, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Robert Burnham

Robert Burnham LawnSite Member

I have purchased MO-Deck after reading the last post. I have a question on application. Do you guys scrape the deck down and then apply it like the can said or is it better to use a grinder with a wire wheel to get the deck cleaner before application? Thought I might as well do it right the first time and ask some questions first. thanks in advance

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I pressure wash my deck first,so its perfectly clean,there is only surface rust on mine,no deep rust,so i just spray it on,after its dried.Be careful dont breath the fumes,do it outside where there is ventilation,they are nasty,

3. Robert Burnham

Robert Burnham LawnSite Member

John, thanks for the advice. I tried cleaning the decks with a pressure washer and it worked well. The mo deck really works, I am suprised how the grass does not stick. Also, nice equipment pictures, someday I need figure out how to do it, I would like to put some of mine on. thanks again

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Robert,the other thing i wanted to tell you is,if you are close to a garden hose,after mowing in the wet,just run it under the deck,with just low pressure,everything will come right off,and it will look like you just pressure washed it,it is almost self cleaning after an application.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Well, I can see now that I'm going to buy a power washer and get some Mo-Deck. I bought an immitation product at Expo 2001 and it does not work. I'll start the new season right with a good cleaning and Mo-Deck.

6. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I've tried different products like slip plate and such but non of them really work.

Does the Mo-Deck really work or is just something like slip plate

Thanks

Jim