1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

More opinions please on our truck lettering...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Feb 29, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

A week or so ago I posted a thread asking for comments on our proposed truck lettering. Now, we've refined the idea a little better. I would like some opinions on the new proposed lettering changes....

There will be 4 sets of pictures. Here is the first......

dodgeside.jpg

2. JimLewis

Here is set #2.....

dodgetailgate.jpg

3. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

I like the current one, it seems more simplistic and easier on the eyes. Hope that helps.

4. JimLewis

And set #3 (our work trucks).....

chevy.jpg

5. JimLewis

Set #4 (Our Trailer Signs).....

trailer.jpg

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I like the proposed second set ,Jim. The only one I'm not sure of is the trailer signage.It looks too bare above the ph.# and web. Maybe bigger fonts, or some artwork in between them ?

7. JimLewis

The idea behind the truck lettering change is to match our new forms more. We have totally re-designed all of our estimate, bid, invoice, letterhead forms and part of the new design is the tiltled logo with the circle around it - in the background - as a watermark. Here is an example....

landscaping-proof.gif

8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Like the current lettering the best.

I have a Dodge quad too with lettering on the doors, in my opinion though the lettering would look better on your door rather than the half door, but thats just me.

Anyway your trucks look pretty sharp either way.

9. JimLewis

Yah, I agree. That's one thing I've asked the designer to show me - is how it would look with the logo on the door. I am still waiting for that picture.

10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Jim, I like the new one better. It grabs my attention and is more memorable. Now people dont have to read the writing to know its you, they will associate the circle with the stripe through it as your logo. Keep the new one.