More Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by shethinksmytractors_sexy, Jun 16, 2008.

1. shethinksmytractors_sexy

shethinksmytractors_sexy LawnSite Member

this is a patio i did last summer, i went by here the other week and took pics. homeowners still very happy!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we built this one a couple months ago. i do NOT like the steps but thats how the homeowner wanted them so thats what he got. overall a great job!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one is a monster. took alot of time on the corners because we did not have corner block. overall looks great though. it took us about 2 weeks on this job!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one was real fun job, it was easy and looks great, i think it took us 4 days to build! i like this one alot because you cant see either end from wherever you are at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

On your taller stairs, something dont look right. What block and what did you use as corners.
    mike

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Why different colored blocks on the tan wall? Bad mix or???

4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

The steps that your client 'wanted' fails in my book. I wouldn't want that in my list of completed jobs. So does the home made corner blocks. That seems like a short-term solution to a long-term failure waiting to happen. All manufacturers have an engineered system of corners with alternating interlock. You have a straight seam. Give it time and it will expand. The last set of photos are better.

5. shethinksmytractors_sexy

thats versa-lok. they were out of corner block so we used regular block and cut 2 of em to make the corner. it looks better in person, its just a million cuts. but its as strong as the rest of the wall so it aint goin nowhere.

6. shethinksmytractors_sexy

hey man, what the client wants is what the client gets. thats how he wanted the steps and it had caps all the way across but he took some off, dont know why. there is no long-term failure here, i dont know what your talking about. and if you actually notice the corners they are interlocked with grid on every other course and just the corners are filled with mortar. that corner is the strongest part of the wall. its not a straight seam and it will never expand. i have built over 300 walls in the past 2 years and not one has fell and every customer has been happy. i wouldent built a weak wall. and the block is the old versa-lok. they are actually called versa-lok coals or seconds. they were $2 bucks a piece so thats why some are a shade lighter. the customer wanted to save some money.

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice job cutting those blocks on the corners. That can be tough to get them to match and look ok, especially where it is going to be seen up close, going up stairs. Nice work. My back hurts just looking at those walls. Im glad I don't do those anymore.

8. shethinksmytractors_sexy

haha thanks, yea it is a pain sometimes, concrete block dont ever get any lighter!!! especially on that wall

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

300 walls in 2 years, Bull ****. I have 300 and ive been doing it for 12 years. On your steps ever hear about liability?
    mike

10. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

nice running seams on that one corner,looks good.:laugh: