More Power!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mdb landscaping, Aug 15, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody ever put any mods on their newer chevies or fords? I just ordered the banks monster exhaust, K&N intake and PE Juice for my 2002 2500HD duramax. Anybody else put any of these mods on before, or have any comments about them?

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Which K&N ? I'm looking at the FIPK. I have heard good things about the Banks monster exhaust.

3. mdb landscaping

Yes, im putting in the fipk kit. ive only heard good things about the banks too, so wish me luck lol.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I power chipped my truck to 75 HP over factory. Runs awesome. I looked at the Banks kits and could not see how spending over $3K was going to help all that much. That was for the PS. Dunno price on GM products.

From what I have heard and read going with bigger than factory exhaust pretty much only reduces EGTs. Doesn't really help power. Now a bigger turbo that would make more HP.

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i've inquired about the banks also and was told it wouldn't make any differance, that when gm spec the duramax, the stock exhaust was ideally suited for it.

i am interested in a chip, kinda waiting for the prices to drop.

what's an fipk kit?...i'm missing something...

where's the best price you've found for them and the k&n filters?

i've just turned 12k miles on mine,i think it is just starting to break in.

i'm averaging 16 - 19mpg...with or without my 20' enclosed trailer!

i'm hoping to enter it in a truck pull today if i can leave work soon enough!

6. mdb landscaping

The K&N kit is a new box with K&N filter and intake that replaces the whole stock intake. I got it for $275 installed. The banks exhaust supposedly gives you 30 hp on a duramax. I wasnt really worried about the exhaust giving me more power, because the "Juice" gives me that. I needed to make the exhaust flow better and it will sound a lot better. I got all this at
    www.jannettyracing.com

Its getting installed on sept. 16th. ill let you know how it works out.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I found this for $221, ( http://www.usdieselparts.com/chevy.htm ) , is it a good upgrade?

8. mdb landscaping

The price is good. Thats the same intake im getting. the reason im getting the intake is to cool the engine off a little more and take in the extra air, since i will be running the "juice" and the free flowing exhaust. Im not sure exactly what hp gain you get with the intake, but i think its around 15-18 hp.

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

How did the mods work out. Im curios to know.

10. ProSeasons

ProSeasons LawnSite Member

The King of the power upgrades is the Dodge Cummins. You can double the HP just by throwing a switch on a 24 valve.

The 5.9 liter Cummins in the Schied Diesel Black Dodge Pulling Truck is making 1000 horsepower and over 2000 pound feet of torque with 192 psi of boost from it's three water injected turbochargers. It's a 12 valve mechanical P-7100 1997 model, though:dizzy: