More Power!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mdb landscaping, Aug 15, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

the mods worked out really well. i cant beleive how much power i have now. im going to have to unplug the computer in the winter for plowing, because i dont know how i could plow with all that power. So far ive smoked a ford powerstroke f350 with an exhaust intake and chip. i also beat on a little vr6 volkswagen gti. Now all i need is for brickman to come up here so i can out race and out tow him:D
  2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Out race sure, you got a juicer trans. I got a stick, ya lose a bunch of time shifting.

Out tow, I doubt it. They sure arn't any around here willing to try it.

I totally smashed a Didge sunday, and he had a head start on me.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lol. i rather lose to a dodge than to a ford.
  4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I know why too, you would have to eat less words with the Dodge. :D :D
  5. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

You guys need to look into the aFe mega cannon. I just got mine today from Mr. Bobs Distributing for $249 shipped, thats with the pre-filter and restore kit. Right now its the highest flowing filter on the market. You can see it at

If your semi mechanically inclined it'll take you about a half hour to put it on. At least on a Ram.

6. XH2Oskier

XH2Oskier LawnSite Member

Higher flowing filters do let more oxygen in, but they also let more of everything else in. Before you start adding up the horsepower numbers on the boxes of stuff you bought, do a baseline run on a chassis dyno and another after the modifications. The results you get on a chassis dyno may also help you calibrate your SOTP dyno. To find a chassis dyno near you, go to

Chances are, a shop that has a chassis dyno will also be able to suggest modifications that make sense for your application and will maximize your bang for the buck.