1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More price info =)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by guntruck, May 22, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

We have a small job coming up i just wanted to see if i was inline with pricing here, any comments are appreciated. ITs an existing weed free bed, we will be removing 2 small junipers and minor amounts of liriope (1/2) hour job. Then planting 3 dwarf alberta spruces, my cost for 3 gallon is 31.60, marking up 80% is 57.60. I figure me alone 1.5 hours to install these three(very soft soil) at 40/hr - 60.00. Three yards of mulch at 55/yd installed 165.00 so we have it all for $397.80, does this sound right to you more seasoned landscapers? I think im pretty close either way just checking, he also is aware that these are not guarenteed. THanks
  2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i rounded the trees to $60 a tree and labor at $60 mulch at what you said i came up with $405. plus what ever you have to charge for sales tax if you have to charge sales tax
  3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a good thing that you aren't going to warranty Dwarf Alberta Spruces. They are very prone to spider mite attacks which are often fatal. Hope they aren't going into a very hot, sunny location.
  4. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

No Lanelle they arent, in fact from what i was told from a friend they are very dainty shrubs, thats why im not going to give any guarentee with them. The location is mostly shaded with average amounts of sun during the day. The good thing is this gentleman is very attentive to his gardens so that should help with maintaining the health.