1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More Proslide Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, May 30, 2001.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I currently use a 1 wheel Velke and I am considering getting the Proslide. I was wondering how a Proslide does on hills? I mostly go sideways on my hills as some of them are too steep for up and down. How long does the bottom plate last? Those of you who have used both what are you opinions on everyday use? Thanks in advance.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

On hills you're better off walking. This is especially true if going down as the Slide will retract. It can handle hills sideways as it is fixed to the frame. If you don't run the "sled" on asphalt or concrete the plastic plate will last a couple months of every day use. As for everyday use? I got my slide last season and I am glad I never even thought twice about a wheeled sulky. Any other questions PM or e-mail me.
  3. dhicks

dhicks Member

I love my ProSlide. I have 140 hours on it and the resin slide still has many hours on it. I think ProSlide says you can get 300 hours per slide which are easily removed and reattached. If you get the ProSlide just order extra plate springs. I break one about every 40 hours.
  4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Is there a website for the Proslide? I'm interested in these as well.
  5. Scraper

6. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

Is the Proslide in a fixed postions behind a walk behind? I know my Velke pivots as I turn. If it is fixed how does it handle making zero turns, as I have a hydro machine?
  7. Scraper

It is fixed. The edges of the slide are beveled so as to allow the slide to turn with the machine as one without tearing or digging. Trust us...it's a great product. I run mine behind a hydro...no jack-knifing allowed.