More Pushmower Inquiries

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SDLandscapes VT, May 23, 2012.

1. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for a non-self-propelled pushmower (preferably a bagger) with steel wheels and bearings but not in the 1000-1500 price range. Currently using a throw away--deck, engine, blade, bag etc is mint--wheels are shot. Like to buy two new for under $800

Is it possible??

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

SURE.... any sears will do

3. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

If everything is mint just buy new wheels.

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Why would you pay 800 for non self propel?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. johnwright238

johnwright238 LawnSite Member

pawn shops sell non-self propelled mowers for 25 bucks...Lowes has steel wheels for another 25 bucks. A new engine is about $150. :cool2:

6. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

get a used bobcat 21 w/ metal catcher

7. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

both for under 800 or 800 each?

your not gonna be able to get 2 commercial push mowers both for under 800..

If I were you I'd get an honda hrc216pda they can be had for under 750. Ive never cut with one but just on feel and the design compared to other models Ive used its a great machine.. And for what your getting the price is decent.. I plan picking one up later this month..

mabye do that and look for a solid used mower on craigslist for another 150

8. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

Getting steel wheels with bearings at under $400 makes it tough. That's been one of my requirements too, but if you consider some of the top of the line 21's from honda & exmark don't have steel wheels either, it must not be that important.

Anyway, Husqvarna 7021p has the HOnda GCV160 engine, bearings in rear wheels (only), 3-1with bag, but no steel wheels, & the deck might not be too much less of a throw away than what you're using now. $279 shipped at Amazon.

Snapper Hi-Vac push is less than $500. You could always replace its plastic wheels with their commercial wheels. Down the line, when necessary that is, since their steel wheels with bearings cost >$100 for a set.