1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More rain in paciffic northwest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncarepros2004, Jun 13, 2006.

1. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Last three out of four weeks have been very moist around these parts. Quite unusual I tell ya. Yesterday I got chased off the job by quater sized hail. Somehow this week I am only two lawns behind schedule. The threat of rain can really make one hustle:weightlifter:
  2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

It has been very humid up in the Seattle area the past few days. Warm and wet. Red-thread in the lawns, powdery mildew on the roses...looks like June in the PNW to me.
  3. lawncarepros2004

yep but i live on what is supposed to be a desert plateau, unlike seattle.
  4. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Please send some rain this way. We're mowing dust and dirt. At this point, I don't care if we get behind on the route.
  5. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

This humidity blows. I can also do without the rain! That's what irrigation is for!

6. hue-nut

hue-nut LawnSite Member

yup, just over the border here in Canada we are seeing tons of red thread in the lawns and I am getting rained on at some point in the day just about every day. I am getting so sick of the lush, wet spring growth, at the end of the day everything seems to be dyed green.
  7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

LOL, Your preachin' to the choir!

Remember, we don't say rain, we say 'Liquid Sunshine' :dizzy: !
  8. lawncarepros2004

now your talking like Owsley Stanley. Gimme me a big drop of that liquid sunshine.:dancing:
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Awwww, you poor little spoiled boy. Get a little wain, did we?

Haha. You don't know working in the rain. Come over here to Portland and work for a few weeks. You'll be glad for what little precip. you get over there in bend you lucky sucker!

p.s. glad to finally see another Oregonian here on LS.
  10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly Jim, what's rain in Bend look like, a light mist falling from the sky? Complaining about rain in Bend is like complaining about rain in LA.