more rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, May 12, 2002.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

now i know we need this to make stuff turn green and grow... but this is getting rediculous. week before last we got it 3 days in a row. last week 2 days in a row and now they are calling for it to start at about 9 tonight and rain hard thru tomorrow at about 3pm. plus the temps will be in the lower 60's. when's it gonna stop? i've been hoping you guys that NEED it would actually get it instead of us. anyone got a combine with a hay bailer i can use? :D

2. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

We've had 4 inches of rain since Saturday morning and 5.1 inches in the past week. Need to double or triple cut most yards. My father-in-law has a bailer if I need it.

Larry

3. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

Same here the grass is like 5" because its way to soaked to cutWhen ever it does stop it's to wet and muddy to cut. Although it is supposed to clear up mid day tomorow so i will try and mow then.
    jahwk71

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Luckily it hasn't rained for a few days and the weather is getting up to 70. Last week we had snow on the ground.

5. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

We are in same boat (lol) you are we had 4 days of rain last week i guess we had only 3 good days to cut, now its sunday and i just looked at rain guage, we got 2.2 inches today. Man its going to be a sloppy muddy mess tommorrow but what are we to do we cant skip a week or grass would be 10 inches tall :(

6. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Your getting our rain up there. Down here in south Alabama we're almost in a drought. We havent had any rain in a month. We started driving past a few yards last week, the'yre just not growing. We hope for some rain soon. Plus its already 90 degrees. Send us some down here.

7. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

We are in same boat (lol) you are we had 4 days of rain last week i guess we had only 3 good days to cut, now its sunday and i just looked at rain guage, we got 2.2 inches today. Man its going to be a sloppy muddy mess tommorrow but what are we to do we cant skip a week or grass would be 10 inches tall :(

8. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Again I say...........

Mike If anyway possible bring it down into Florida.....

Hoping for some rain Monday....30%.............

In all seriosness it is really dry here.........

I know that is the reason that the phone has not been
    ringing.....

But when it decides to rain...It seems like the grass grows
    2'....and the phone starts a ringing.........

:angry:

9. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

It is my guess that in each area, we will experience the same weather that we had in 2000. The El-Nino is building in the Pacific much in the same way it did 2 years ago. In NE Ohio, we had rain 2-3 days a week all year and cooler temps. Sure is shaping up so far.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd love for you guys that need it to get it. i can't make any money with it raining and you guys can't make any without it growing. have they imposed watering restrictions yet?