More Rainbird DV issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 17, 2014.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think there was never a phrase to describe all of those old brass rotors that used just the force of the swirling water to slowly push the center popup spindle in a non-reversing circle. Certainly some versions used a ball (hello Rain-O-Mat) to nudge the center popup spindle and I did repair work on the Buckner 1300 cam drive heads that worked just on the force of the water pushing a hollow, finned, cylinder against the center spindle. The part-circle versions of these heads had the center spindle, with two or three spray holes equally spaced enclosed in a sort of baffle/cage in order to generate full coverage by one of the spray holes shooting water right into the baffle enclosing the spindle, and back out from over the top of the spindle, which provided close-in and intermediate coverage.

2. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Ron, are the solenoids from DV valves interchangeable with the HV?

3. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth LawnSite Senior Member

No. I am sorry. They are not. Is there something I can help you with?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure, I purchased these at SW, they are not sure when they will have new ones in stock. I can always get by, just inconvenienced. Kinda like most days when things don't go my way:laugh:

5. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Figured RB probably had some cool test rigs to simulate different environments, abuse, etc. Thought it'd be interesting to see since I've never seen that side of the business.
    I didn't think about your competition being on here, though. :laugh:

6. Ron Wolfarth

If you are ever going to be in Tucson, contact me and if I am here and available, I will give you a tour of our test facility.

7. Ron Wolfarth

SW is short for which distributor? I don't see one on my list of distributors to which to send solenoids with SW initials. Are they an authorized Rain Bird distributor? Or tell me how many you need and shipping info and I will send them to you directly. rwolfarth@rainbird.com

8. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

Think online supplier based in Houston?

9. Ron Wolfarth

Thanks. We are working this out off-line.