More Rainbird DV issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 17, 2014.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

R50 drive mechanisms may never fail on clean water. Heads may fail to retract at some point.

2. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Guys, I jumped on here to find out what is going on with DVs that I put in a couple years ago and they are failing. I am no longer working in the field...I spend my time at a desk. Regardless I have several customers that became friends and asked if I could look at their valves. They are around 3 years old and more then 50% have O-ring failure. I think this is more then planned obsolescence.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Probably one of the reasons the new solenoid on the new valve model has a smaller thread diameter, akin to the less troublesome Hunter solenoid.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I came across 1 today. 3 yr old system.

5. enorl76

enorl76 LawnSite Member

I think that's all I installed for a time... Rain bird 100-DV. Such a nice compact valve... sigh.

Oh well, people will be calling for replacements, and I'll just have to play ignorant.

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Why did you abandon us Argos? For a desk job to boot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

And you are?

:)

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Prolly some home owner DIY guy.

Miss you long time Michael. Hope alls well. How's August doing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I suppose I am a DIY guy. It's actually kind of nice. I go home and work around the house now. I really like the job and things are good. Still in the biz, just a different gig. I miss lurking around here. It was fun, but now I work on a computer and fun on the computer is not fun anymore.

August serving in Germany right now. He is working on a Stryker.

How's the eye.

10. JayinDetroit

JayinDetroit LawnSite Member

We had issues with these valves back in early 2009 to mid 2009. The Rain Bird rep came in and explained to us it was a fault with the O-rings on the manufacturing side. He gave us a whole pallet worth of Rainbird valves at a reduced price if I returned the 2400 valves. Did you check the date code on the valves?