More Rainbird DV issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 17, 2014.

1. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth LawnSite Senior Member

Also, we are cool on the sponsorship. I spoke with Lawnsite to make sure it was okay and they said we were.

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want a low cost valve. The industry does not need a low cost valve. The industry needs quality valves, not products that have been value engineered to death. I use the PEB almost exclusively. If I need a lower cost valve I use the PGA, which by the way has a lower net cost through my vendor than the DV-F does. Why anybody would want to cheap out on a critical part of any irrigation system is beyond me. :hammerhead:

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'm more about long-term repairability, which is why I'll continue with the Richdel designs and their offspring. I do expect that Rainbird will do what it takes to support their plastic valves.

What material change was made in the DV bonnets?

4. Ron Wolfarth

The bonnet on the DV (not the DVF) was changed to nylon which retains its shape more consistently in the molding process.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Does the nylon allow a faster molding cycling time? (I hadn't really thought about that aspect of the HV design)

6. Ron Wolfarth

I am not sure of the impact of the nylon on cycle time. We change to nylon to lower the incidence of distortion of the part after removal from the mold.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

In case i never get another chance, Props on the 5000 Rotor!!!
    (if only! it was "right side fixed- left side adjust" : it would have reached perfection IMHO)

8. Ron Wolfarth

I will pass along your kind words to the rotor Product Manager.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnsite needs a "like button". The other issue is the customer calls again that something happened, rotor not turning, valve leaking, you give us a new product but we never, (I never) see a return on my time, that I cant recoup, since its warranty, to fix your manufacturing f*** up.

10. Ron Wolfarth

Get to know your Rain Bird rep. What area are you in?
    Posted via Mobile Device