1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More Rainbird DV issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 17, 2014.

1. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth LawnSite Senior Member

I started a 'Valve Tips' thread. What is the best way to get viewers of it?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It could be made a 'sticky', but that would make it open to posts about all makes and models of valves.
  3. Ron Wolfarth

Okay. Thanks. I will have to read up on what a sticky is and what they do. I don't mind comments on other valves.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the top two threads in the 'table of contents' are stickies - they stay on top of the list - the valve tips might fit in the 'getting started' one

there is a sort of fine line involved here, in that pro irrigators aren't overwhelmingly thrilled to see all their repair knowledge spelled out for the world to see, although they surely must be curious about the reasons behind problems that show up in the field
  5. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Ron, as long as you are actually a RB employee, I think it is great to see you posting.
    Post up some parts or testing pics.
  6. Ron Wolfarth

Yes. I am a Rain Bird employee. 29 years now. Google me.
  7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for participating in the forum and offering solid advice. With RB's popularity in the industry, I am sure we all have product questions at some point. Distributors can't know everything since they sell so many different lines.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. AZ LawnSprinklerDrip

AZ LawnSprinklerDrip LawnSite Member

Great info Ron from RB. Posts are informative. I would like to see a VAN U-spray nozzle. In the PHX area lawn designs are getting smaller and more curves in the perimeter. Also 1\2" poly drip lines that the major builders (or their sub's) installed only a few years ago are failing regularly. When replacing these is the xt700 an improvement? I have been using Toro blue stripe
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Can you explain how the drip pipe failed? What is happening to the pipe?
    The newer VAN HE nozzles should cover more efficiently than the old ones, but I'm not sure about close in to the head.
  10. Ron Wolfarth

We do not currently offer a U-Series VAN nozzle. However, as DanaMac suggested, the High Efficiency Variable Arc Nozzle (HE-VAN) is a great choice if you are looking for better coverage in a VAN nozzle.
    I am checking with our Landscape Drip staff to better respond to your question about the dripline.