More Recent Job Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Jul 3, 2006.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Here's some pics from a few jobs we've done this year.

This was the first job we did, real early for us. Pretty basic wall. I didn't like how the customer wanted to keep the existing boulders adjacent to the foundation, or the narrow stairs. But, the stairs didn't come out as hokie as I thought they would.

P1010078.JPG

P1010087.JPG

P1010084.JPG

2. GreenMonster

from NH

This was a pretty basic AB wall, with a couple pulls of grid. The little stream in front of the wall turned into a raging river during the flood we have in May. Wall seems to have held up well. This job ended up being a bit of a CS when we ran into a bunch of large pine stumps that were buried over during the construction.

P1010001.JPG

P1010001a.JPG

P1010003a.JPG

P1010004.JPG

3. GreenMonster

from NH

This was one of my favorite jobs so far. Walls, walks, entry, plantings. A lot of times we just do the hardscape, only for the homeowner to screw it all up by doing there own plantings. I like how it all came out, except for the customer's choice of a few perennials.

We also did irrigation for the front and back. This was our first real irrigation job as well. three turf zones out back, two turf zones out front, and drip through all the new plantings.

Here are the b4's

b41.JPG

b42.JPG

b43.JPG

b44.JPG

4. GreenMonster

from NH

Here's a few after during and after pics. This is all Techo-Block stuff.
    Quarry wallstone and Athena pavers.

I don't know about you guys, but I really like this Techo stuff. I'm quickly becoming a big fan.

oh yeah, Marcus already made fun of me about the downspouts, so keep it to yourself:nono: The gutters are being routed elsewhere.

P1010084.JPG

P1010083.JPG

P1010065.JPG

P1010059a.JPG

P1010074.JPG

5. GreenMonster

from NH

A few more from the Techo job

P1010078.JPG

P1010079.JPG

6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking techno wall, quick question. How high do you have your pavers next to the wall before tamping to make sure they are level after tamping? I always seem to end up with one being higher than the other.

7. GreenMonster

from NH

3/8"........

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Looks good Mark ... in post #5 first pic, right hand corner of the wall..is it leaning forward?

I love the way you incorparated the boulder into the wall.

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Super work GM. Gotta tell ya I love checkin your job pics out they never fail to inspire, good, good, stuff!!
    Only thing I wondered about was that boulder along the walk way, just curious as to why you would build around it as opposed to moving it over a bit? Don't get me wrong the walkway looks great, just visually the slight indent to allow for the rock detracts a little for me.

10. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

or
    Ya does for me too although the quality looks of the work held me back from commenting ... We all have a different eye including customers, so ..well, you never know ...its all art.

Nice looking boulder that looks like it is there for a reason...a bench. I probably would have done a nice smooth curve with the walk and bring the boulder resting on the walk a few inches .... you could do a shrub bed along the whole walkway or simply a smaller shrub bed around the boulder to really dress it up.

Great looking walls and steps.