More scag wildcat and general ztr questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Jul 29, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

What is the rops like on the wildcat, the fold down on the exmark looks great? Does the rops on the wildcat get in the way?

Why NO FRONT ANTI SCALP ROLLER ON THE WILDCAT? There is nothing in the center on the 52 wildcat. There are rollers on the exmark hp.

I am hoping to test a wildcat tomorrow. Thanks
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

doesn't this all tell you something? doesn't the wildcat seem to raise more questions than answers? So, i'd go with the eXmark. I like them better than scag.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

The rops stinks on all of them you will probably just take it off anyways..Whats so great about the ex mark one folding down?Doesn't that defeat the purpose..Just take it off... As for the scalp roller i don't know maybe they didn't think it needed one. Just because a mower has a lot of extras doesn't necessarily make it better.
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

The rops on the my Toro Z folds down. It does get in the way of some small tree branches.
  5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Don't let mister 14 year old know it all fool you. That wildcat is good machine and it will last a long time. He doesn't even own a ztr so he shouldn't be comenting on one. :)
  6. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I tested the wildcat this morning. This is a bad ass little machine. Seems way better than the tiger cub. Better seat, bigger motor, bigger casters.

But i think the exmark deck throws the grass further. How do you think the cuts compare? Why no center roller on the scags?