More snow in the forecast....vote here.......

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by FIREMAN, Mar 7, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

O.K.....since the "professional" weathermen/women fudged the "Storm of the century" lets all guess what Thursday nights weather will hold for us in the northeast...I've read 1-3 inches...I wonder...what do you think????

P.S. I know it's hard to determine what mother natures whims are, but how many jobs can you have where being wrong and costing millions of people and businesses millions of dollars is just let go???? I for one am thinking of becoming a meteorologist and hanging up the plow.....lol

2. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

OK, here goes: I'm going to "guess" around 6" or so this weekend. The forecast was pretty open ended, "snow showers" up until Mar 12, with "snow" for Friday. Figuring at least 1 "plowable event".

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Ok guys. the weather people just predicted the wrong locations for snow totals.

We got 18-24" up my way. On saturday we were only going to get 2".

Now they say another 6 to 8 for saturday.

Geoff

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Okay... since you guys refuse to share, I'm putting a curse on you!

SUNNY AND 70!!!!!!

-Tim

5. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

Up in Northetn NY we got 24" to 36" not including drifts and 6"-10" coming for the weekend.

6. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

All I know is looking out the window right now it's snowing like crazy. about an inch an hour They say from 6-10 here by saturday morning.

Dan

7. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm forecasting 1" to 24" for your area. It's a safe bet.

8. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 LawnSite Member

iowastorm, thats about how the local weather reports are around here. lol

Kraco_1

9. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

DanG
    It was sunny up here in Plattsburgh but now it is starting to cloud over.I would guess your storm is heading our way .Its now 12:30 nothing yet ,how much ya got so far?

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

4-8 inches expected here and its snowing really hard right now. so i bet we get 3 ft.