More Snow Stuff??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jan 2, 2009.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

If you're hauling snow then January is off to a good start.:clapping:

2. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

We have hauled on 3 site so far and I have 2 more sites to haul off of. Plan on doing it monday. But we have 3 storms lined up for this weekend and next week. So yes. A good start.

Lol

J.

3. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

nice pics...it looks like it is time to but a tandem or tri dump on the wish list. how far are you hauling that snow??

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I was going to say. Kinda hard to get anything done with such a small truck isn't it?

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Your better off with a rolloff box for hauling snow in easier to load and will come out without jamming up a tailgate. Even a highlift tailgate would jam up with those frozen chunks.

Most small wheel loaders you can road them no diffrent than a backhoe you just don't make any sudden movements with the steering wheel with a wheel loader.

6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Short hauls, by the hour. We had a 10yd truck running as well.

I am not going to by a tandem just for this, and I wont pay someone else to bring theirs.

J.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

could you show us what broke on the box plows as i am looking to get them.

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

We use to build up big sideboards to haul lots of snow but if you are by the hour it dosen't matter. At the one we had a 621 loading a quad and a single axle with big sideboards, the boss liked it because he was billing three machines and only paying two guys.

What do you like about the Artics? Is it the steel edge?

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That would be good gig to get. Surprising though, you would have to be dang cheap for a customer to hire a 4 yard truck to haul snow at least here.

10. ClevelandPusher

ClevelandPusher LawnSite Member

What is that loader you are using? Whats the biggest size box pusher you could put on that if you had 2-4" on a 100 yard push?

Thanks