more snow - this ain't good

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Apr 3, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I thought we were far enough south (Des Moines), but I guess not. Lost a day of production last week. Lost two days (so far) this week. All because of rain, snow, sleet, hail.

First pic here shows "silver dollar-sized" snow flakes taken about 3:30 CST. Second pic shows snow cover on turf five minutes later, and it's still coming down.

Local weather guys are calling this "the winter that never ends". As I finish posting this, I now cannot see any turf whatsoever (snow covered). Not good. Figured you all enjoy pics, cuz I sure do. Better than reading all the time. Had a customer call in today that was scheduled for five app's....now he wants round 2 thru five..can't say I blame him????

snow in April 001.jpg

snow still 005.jpg

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, I've had a bellyfull of the white stuff.

3. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

That aint nothin, we got over 6" of snow on Sunday. This will be a late start for us compared to last year.

4. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

the thing that is striking about those pictures is not the snow, but the fact that the house still has Christmas lights and reindeer in the front lawn! I guess spring is slow coming for the homeowners as well.

5. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Oh my!! You have a St. Patty's leprechaun next to a fricken reindeer!! That's classic.

6. IA_James

from Iowa

Ha, I didn't even notice that. Still has the leprechaun from St. Paddy's day out too, doesn't he.:laugh:

7. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

:laugh: What a bunch of hillbillies!:laugh:

8. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

are those Easter bunnies dancing around the tree as well? It's like Shrek IV in that lawn!

9. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Always a time saver when you leave them up all year round.

10. IA_James

from Iowa

Any bets on whether there is an old shrivelled up pumpkin laying around there some place?