more splice stuff

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Jun 17, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Mike, the clip on the end works as a strain relief and keeps the crimp from slipping out. Also, the ones that I use are about 2" long which allows the crimp to be placed deep in the grease. All of this is placed in an irrigation control valve box.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Paul are you using hubs any now ? I know you always used T's and such in the past. I see im not the only one using the irrigation boxes. They are just slick unless you hit rock shallow

3. NightScenes

I use hubs mostly but also use t's and loops if need be.

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Relative to what I have to offer, the grease tubes are much larger.
    Again, it was a girlfriend that had this toy. I have convinced my wife that 4" is actually 10". What she don't know won't hurt her (literally) and it gives her some great conversation at the lunch table at her work. (gotta get her out of that job soon)

5. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Paul,
    Sorry I missed your call-back. Business has been good and been solely doing lighting for the past week and probably next couple weeks! :)
    Are you adding wire to your fixtures or have you depleated your stock of short lead fixtures?

6. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Chris J funny stuff! Did your lock up all your tape measures, rulers and yard sticks in your truck then. :)

7. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Nope, she's a blonde. Wouldn't know a tape measure if it hit her it the head.
    Really pretty though! How else do you think I could get that georgeous woman to marry me..... I did tell her that there was a relation to Johnson & Johnson and I was the last living heir..... Na, she married me for my charm.
    :dizzy:

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I think Chris was into the adult beverages last night. Starting to plan our cabana area in my head then came across a gas powered blender in the northern tool book. Looks like I am going to have to whip him up something and see what other kinds of wisdom he can come up wiht :)

9. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Check out this new thing from DryConn. Note the cable ties to hold the wire. I requested a sample, plus a sample of the DBSR.

visilock-halfopen200x175.jpg

10. NightScenes

Keith, I do add wire to my fixtures, but am considering the costs of getting the fixtures with the leads and hub.