1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

more stupid ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at the snapper/husky dealer today

They offered to sell me a snapper 44'' 18 hp Kholer ztr for $3500.

I did so research and this seams to be the same as the Cub commercial and Exmark top-of-the-line home owner mower.

It has a 2 year warranty and this is a VEARY good dealer.

I am 16 and work part time with about 15 accounts but hope to ad about 5 this year. gates and hills are not a concern.

I figure if i run it for 2 years i got my money out of it.

What do you think.

p.s. dont even say buy this or that, because i know what i want. I have several other options but just what to know what you think of this one.
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

if you dont want to walk then do it, but i would look to get a 48 inch walk behind.. if no gates. it will last longer than the two years. you never want to buy something only looking to get so much out of it. You want to get the maximum use for every thing you purchase this is how you really keep the money you make.
  3. Eric 1

it is a ZTR.

they also have the option of a 50'' deck but that would seem to me to be alitle under powerd.
  4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

But why do you feel it will only last 2 years then?
  5. Eric 1

What i should have said was....even if it only lasts 2 years it would seem to be worth it. yes it should last longer than that.
    Sorry for the confusion.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Eric, I'm guessing at that price , it is a Home Owner model?

It wouldn't be my choice. I'd go a different route with that money.
  7. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

make sure you don't buy a homeowner mower unless you have no other options. I bought a 46 in troybuilt tractor my first year in buisness and it barely lasted thru the year. Fortunately, I was able to get an exmark the next year and never used the tractor again.
  8. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I made the same mistake with a Toro Timecutter ZX.
  9. Lawn Services Plus

Lawn Services Plus LawnSite Member

for that kind of money you could get a good walk behind and
    add a sulky-I would like a zero rider too ,but the good ones start around $6-7K Looked at a scag tiger cub today -huum-maybe next year
    hey it doesn't cost to dream does it?
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned