1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

more than my dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottb, May 25, 2002.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

This week while serviceing my little Pro line 48 Toro 2000 model I noticed the Belt under the little hood,cap,lid whatever you want to call it any I noticed the belt had a gash in it. So off to Sharpes lawn equiment to purchase a new one. They go behind the counter get a belt and I say no thats not it. They say yes it is, I say no it's not you get the picture. I say my mower only has one belt under there,they say it has to have two I say one you get the picture. So I take them outside to one of there Pro Line 48s and lo and behold I was right. I was the first one to need a replacement belt so they had not yet come across this problem.
    I am not knocking them they really take care of you just kind of thought it was funny that I knew more than my dealer about this mower.
  2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Happened with my Scag and has happened with my Viper also.
    The guys behind the counter sometimes don't know until it's pointed out. My wife has gone to get me belts for the Viper and has returned with the "incorrect" size. Sometimes part #'s don't mean you'll get the right one.
    It's aggravating.:angry: