more time to stripe?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastlane, May 19, 2002.

1. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

Striping is not big in this area. I could drive for hours and only find a handful of nicely striped lawns. How much longer would it take to mow one acre with ten trees? Striping does not seem efficent with turns, trees, etc.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

striping happens as you cut normally. it's not really any harder to do. might have to concentrate on a straight line but eric told us how to do it around trees.

3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

If your using a garden tractor type mower its not as fast but if your using a zero radius type mower it is twice as fast at least in my opinon. Do a search on stripes and you will find more information than you can read in one sitting.

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

in my opinion it does take a little longer in some situations.but the more u do it the better u get at it . .jmho

5. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I did search. I understand how to stripe (going to take lots practice). My point is if you can do a lawn in 40 min. but it takes 45min. to stripe do you charge more? I have Exmark hydro that leaves nice stripes, no problem around trees, but turn at curb etc. must be more percise. this takes more time.

6. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

It definetly takes longer to stripe a landscaped yard. I don't believe you can charge more for striping.......atleast not in my area.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

IMHO it would take ~10-15 minutes longer to stripe 1 acre... using a 60" Z