More Toro Confusion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Mar 27, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just got another Toro Flyer from the distributor in the mail today. They show a price for a model 30316 T bar floating deck as $2599. Trouble is, they dont' tell you what that mower is in terms of deck size and engine, and their website doesn't list that model either.

They have modified the deck to help balance and made a few other changes, so these are obviously their 'new' designs. Unfortunately, their dealers are just as confusing/confused about their model lineup as their advertising flyer is. It's exhausting even trying to get a price on one.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was playing on the Toro site and this is what there parts look up says it is....
    Mid-Size ProLine Gear, 13 hp w/ 32" SD Mower

Later
    Pj

3. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Did this flyer actually show the "new" updated style? I e-mailed the Toro site asking for a 2003 catalog. They e-mailed me back and said I would get it in 10 days - that was over 3 weeks ago and nothing yet! Now is when people are buying new mowers for the season, what are they waiting for as far as information goes? The web site still shows the 2001 52" model for every pick, with those little pictures you need a magnifying glass to see. I like the Toro's but their advertising people need to pull it together already! :confused:

4. brucec32

Yes Brian, it showed the new features like lowered caster wheels for better clearance under obstacles, caster forks tilted back for less caster wheel "chatter", and mentioned realigning the axle and engine so the deck would be easier to lift and hop curbs with.

But yes, their marketing dept. should be given their pink slips.

Their web site is full of innacuracies and typos, and has not been updated with the new models yet, apparently.

Another example: They show the 36" hydro t bar, but don't mention that (according to the dealer I spoke with) it is only available with electric start, which raises the price about $250 and makes it a little bulkier with the battery housing.

I noted looking at their parts finder that there weren't any 2003 T bar hydros listed, except some with Metric dimensions on the deck size. I'm wondering if they won't be offering T bar hydros here this year due to problems with them.

I'm going to try to get through the season w/o a new midsize mower, but eventually I will need a backup for the ZTR and will have to get something, even if it's just a belt drive wb. But right now, their model lineup is a mess.

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Bruce,

I'd love to see that thing. Any way you could post a pic of that flyer?

6. brucec32

Sorry, no scanner. I haven't been able to find any other info about them on the web yet. The flyer was from Coye Consultants, I believe. They must be a distributor. Might check with them.