1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

More Toyota Trouble

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Capemay Eagle, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks. That V-8 is built in Huntsville, I think... somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Hate to hear bad news for anyone.
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

What, they had flaws on the first year of a new model...

This has never happened to GM or Ford.

The tundra's are excellent trucks, and I am glad that Toyota is backing their end and admitting there was an issue instead of covering it up ala Ford.
  4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

This is all Toyota's now. Day after day more and more problems.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with many of the comments on the link page you gave. Most of the others will never admit they have ANY problems with their vehicles and here Toyota is in shame because of a few cracked tailgates and failed torque converters!
    Chevy, Ford, and Dodge have built lemons for years, knowingly, and will never fess up to it! Often you don't even know you are one of many with problems unless you go to a DEALER for service and find out theres a "silent recall" on whatever it is you are needing fixed.

Toyota admitting their flaws is just another one of their strengths!

I have owned a Tundra, a few years back, Loved it, but also it wasn't the truck for me. I went back to GMC and like my truck, but I have a feeling that I would have been money ahead repair-wise had I stuck with the Tundra!
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You're hilarious dude. I like American trucks, we run Fords mostly, but seriously, nobody has a better track record than Toyota, period. Did the new Ford 6.4 Powerstrokes have problems? Yes, and you'd be a moron to try and argue against that, I'd still buy one now that they have those issues fixed. At least Toyota can admit to their mistakes and work around them. Good for them, the next batch of Tundras will be 120% better guaranteed, that's just the Japanese way to out-do themselves whenever possible.

I plan on buying a newer Tacoma within the next year. As an equipment operator for hire, I won't need the ability to tow anything, just pack some tools around with me.
  7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

thats great! but ford owned up to the 6.0 powerstroke stating its flaws, and have corrected pretty much all problems. so dont bring them into it. and they always announce the recalls.
  8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I have 3,000 trouble free miles so far. I have been towing with it since the second day that I got it.

The ONLY thing that the big three have on this truck is the tailgate. The design is not very good, however, give it a couple of welds and it is just as good as any other.

The tailgate problems and limited TC problems are being fixed by Toyota and the people are give 6 year 100,000 warranties once there fixed.

After having a perfect track record like Toyota a couple of problems like this gives them a huge black eye and brings shame to them. Either way, who the hell cares what that silly asian thinks anyways.
  9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Toyota's track record is perfect?

They had ZERO flaws before the Tundra debacle?

LO f'in L.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Next Thing You Know, Toyota Will Be Recalling All Thier Trucks B/c They Have Been Paited With Lead Based Paint...