Morning Dew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matth04, Jul 20, 2005.

1. matth04

matth04 LawnSite Member

I live in Arkansas, and the past couple of weeks, I have woke up to some pretty heavy dew on the grass. Do the rest of yall still mow, or do yall wait a couple hours to let it dry up?

2. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

depending on how bad it is (sometimes its like it has just rained) i still mow. if it's bad, i just take my time with it.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It never stopped me.

4. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

we just mow on.

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep mowing.

6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I will mow if it's not too (like rain) heavy. May have to double cut some spots where it will clump. Just watch out on the slopes and hills for slick spots.

7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

What's Dew? LOL :)

8. centralarlawn

centralarlawn LawnSite Member

I usually have to take it kind of slow in the morning, but once that sun comes out, it doesn't't take long to dry up.

Bye the way, I too am from Conway - Welcome to LS

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

If there is a lot of growth ill take the backpack blower and blow it off real quick . for me its quicker to blow the grass then its to scrape the deck . After heavy rain out comes the walk behind blower

10. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I just keep mowing. It may take a few min.longer than usual to get things looking good but it beats getting behind or working late. Because in southern illinois when tha humidity is high thare is a good dew everyday.